Lower Merion School District, or LMSD, is a public school district located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. The school district includes residents of both Lower Merion Township and the Borough of Narberth. Established in 1836, LMSD is one of the oldest districts in Pennsylvania. It is the wealthiest school district in the state, and one of the wealthiest school districts in the country.
Ten schools comprise the district:
- Lower Merion High School
- Harriton High School
- Bala Cynwyd Middle School
- Welsh Valley Middle School
- Belmont Hills Elementary School
- Cynwyd Elementary School
- Gladwyne Elementary School
- Merion Elementary School, the site of the April 4, 1991, plane crash that killed Republican U.S. Senator John Heinz. The plane crash also took the lives of six others, including two first grade students playing at recess.
- Penn Wynne Elementary School, the elementary school that Alex Scott attended.
- Penn Valley Elementary School